Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Back To School Supply Cake

It's Crafty Tuesday at What's Scrapping. Recently, I have seen a few Back to School Supply Cakes on the internet and wanted to share my version with you. I cannot believe school started yesterday, the summer really flew by! My son began second grade and with all the recent budget cuts, the schools are relying on the parents to donate supplies. I decided to donate a little extra in a festive way.







Supplies:
2 Nesting Boxes
10 boxes of crayola crayons
9 glue sticks
8 liquid glue
1 box of kleenex
3 yards of ribon (any color)
1 sheet 12x12 scrapbook paper
1glue gun
3 mini binder clips and ribbon for clips

How To:
I stacked and glued the boxes down. Then I added each layer of supplies, you can glue them down to the boxes or tie with string, whichever you prefer. I did not glue the supplies down since I wanted them to still look nice once taken off. Then I added the Kleenex box to the top layer (wrapped it in nice scrapbook paper) andglued it down. I also created the signs and the cupcake toppers and wrappers to match. thanks! Denise from www.simplycreatedesigns.etsy.com