Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday Wall Art 8/7/11

Good morning What's Scrapping!

It's Jessica here with some new wall art. A long time ago I posted the name plaque that I made for my daughter.....well don't you know as soon as I made hers, my son was asking where his was. I've had the supplies for about a month (I know I'm bad) and I finally worked on it yesterday. So here it is:


I still have to add the clips in the back and I'm still trying to figure out what kind of ribbon I want to hang it on the wall with!

This one's real easy. I picked up the letters and the plaque at Michaels. I used some left over papers from the Surf's Up kit. First I traced all of the letters onto the backs of the papers that I wanted to use and then cut them out. I adhered the papers to the wood letters with Mod Podge. When it was dry, I painted the sides of the letters and the plaque with some blue acrylic paint. (I did 3 coats of paint on the plaque.) When all the paint was dry, I attached the wood letters to the plaque with Mod Podge. I then applied my top coat over the whole thing with Mod Podge.
And that's it! Easy Peasy!

Thanks for letting me share with you today! I'll see you next Sunday!

1 comments:

Tanya said...

LOVE IT!! My kiddos would love this!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Post a Comment