Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday Wall Art 7.2.11

Good afternoon What's Scrapping?
I hope that you are all having a wonderful weekend!
For today's wall art, I'd like to share "Bloom". For this piece, I used the papers from EP's Country Drive which is featured in the July Scraptastic Club kit "Sweet Summertime"

 and here are some close-ups

For this project you will need the following items:
patterned paper
2 sheets of cardstock
1 wooden shadow box
3 small wooden picket fences
embroidery floss
Tim Holtz Distress stain
alphabet stickers
dimensional squares
mod podge

So, I started with a 12x12 piece of blue cardstock (bazzill whirlpool). Then I took my piece of white cardstock (bazzill white) and cut a 10 inch rounded square with my Cricut Imagine and adhered it to the blue cardstock. Next, I cut 6 1 inch hearts from each of my patterned papers (I used 11 different patterned papers). I then used my Imaginisce D-Stress tool on all of the edges of the hearts and then I went around all the edges with my Tim Holtz Distress stain (vintage photo). I placed my "flowers" around on the page until I was happy with where they all were, then one by one I glued down all of the bottom layers. I then took the remaining hearts and gave them a little crease down the middle, put a little strip of glue down the middle of the bottom heart and placed the top heart on the glue. When they were all dry, I popped the edges up for some dimension and glued down the button middles. For them stems of my flowers, I hand drew the stitching first, then I made all the wholes and went to town with my needle and floss. Once I was finished with my flowers, I painted my picket fences with a cream color and when that was dry, I attached them to my page with some of my AC foam dimensional square dots. For the "grass" I took some green twine (11 1/2 yard sections) folded each one into fourths, tied them into a knot in the middle, then I cut the looped ends to open them up. Then I took my glue and added a dot on the paper behind the fence and placed my "grass"there to dry. I then added my alphabet stickers in the upper right hand corner and traced them with a colored sharpie. 

For the shadow box:
I painted it with a white acrylic paint and when it was dry I sanded it all down so that it was smooth (I don't care for splinters so much). For my final step, I painted a good bit of Mod Podge on the inside of the shadow box and attached my paper!

Thanks for letting me share with you today! I hope that you all have a great 4th!


Post a Comment