Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Birdhouse Art for Craft Tuesday





I bought this wodden birdhouse from my local craft store for $1.00. I covered it with brown stripe and vintage text paper and used mod podge glue to adhere it to the birdhouse. Then I sanded the edges of the papers with a small nail file. After I sanded I began to ink around the paper and edges with pink and light brown ink. I attached handmade ribbon roses to the top right side and a handmade paper rose made from the same vintage text paper. Leaves were cut freehand and inked with mossy ink before adhering to the sides of the flowers. Then I used lace and pink pearls and hot glued them to the other side of the birdhouse. Some pink lace was also attached to the side on the stripe paper. For the embellishments, I used Tim Holtz buttons and pearls. Finally, the birdhouse was attached to an old wooden spool of pink thread and a tiny pink flower was attached to the spool as a final embellishment. Thank you for looking! Simply Create by Denise.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I was wondering if you kept this birdhouse outdoors this whole time. How did it hold up? I have been wanting to cover up one of my outdoor birdhouses with pretty patterned paper, but worry that it won't hold up to the elements.
Your birdhouse turned out super cute.

Post a Comment