Sunday, June 5, 2011

sunday wall art 6/5/11

Good afternoon What's Scrapping!
It's Sunday which means wall art......
Today I'd like to share what I'm calling Bloom with you. I was inspired by this.


Here's what you'll need:
1 8x10 canvas
1 sheet of patterned paper (I used my Birthday Wishes kit from Scraptastic Club)
18 1.5" hearts
D-Stress Tool or sand paper
Tim Holtz Distress Stain
3 buttons
Floss
Sewing Needle

First I cut out my background paper to fit the canvas and used my Mod Podge to glue it to the canvas. Next, I used my Cricut to cut out my hearts. I used my D-Stress tool to sand down all of the hearts edges and then I used my Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Vintage Photo on all of the hearts. I used Mod Podge to attach the bottom layers of my flowers (9 of the hearts). Then I applied one coat of Mod Podge over the whole canvas. Once that was dry, I folded all of the remaining hearts in half and applied just a touch of Mod Podge to the crease of each heart and attached them to the bottom hearts. After that was dry, I took my sewing needle and poked about 5-6 holes in each crease of each of the hearts, then I used some black floss to sew them. I attached my buttons to the center of each flower with Mod Podge. Then I drew my stems with a sharpie, and used my needle to make holes in each stem and used my black floss again to sew them. For my last step, I applied some Mod Podge to each of the top "petals and over my Stems.

There you have it........Bloom

0 comments:

Post a Comment