Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Art Journal

Why buy an art journal when you can create one with supplies you have at home. Use this keepsake for your art or to journal your thoughts, and because it is decorated with your personal touch, you will want to use it everyday!



For the cover I used chipboard cut into 8” x 5”. I covered it with muslin fabric and attached with fabric glue. The inner pages are cream cardstock cut slightly smaller and distressed with the Zutter Distrezz IT ALL (IT IS A MUST HAVE, my new favorite product)!!! Your paper will look like fabric, it’s too yummy!!

Now for the decorations. The green fabric flower trim is by Prima and placed it along the edges. I used chipboard letters to spell out ART and attached them with a glue gun. The rosette was made with light brown polyester material, and a little bling added in the center. The 3 butterflies are from Jenni Bowlin in various colors. I then added a button to look like a door handle and a metal key at the bottom. I also attached some pom pom fabric trim to the bottom of the journal. Everything is bound with 3 rings! You can make one for every journey you take! I hope you enjoyed this..thank you, Denise.

1 comments:

Julie said...

oh denise that really is fabulous!!!

Post a Comment