I am so excited to share with you this fun and festive way to decorate any cake by creating a Yarn Pom-Pom Garland. Isn't this too sweet! Here are the simple step by step instructions: 1. You will need yarn (in any color), scissors, and a piece of cardboard. You can create any size cardboard, I used a 2x4. The larger the cardboard the larger your pom-pom will be.
2. Start wrapping your desired yarn around and around the cardboard, lengthwise. The more times you wrap the yarn around the cardboard, the more full and thick your finished pom-pom will be. There is no set number of wraps, however if you're making multiple pom-poms, you should count how many times you wrap the yarn so that all of your pom-poms will be uniform.
3. Once you are done wrapping the yarn around the cardboard, cut the yarn. Then remove the cardboard. Now place a piece of yarn about 6 inches underneath the wrapped yarn directly in the center.
4. Now tie that piece in a knot around the wrapped yarn, this will be the only thing holding together your pom-pom. Using sharp scissors, cut through the loops. Do not worry if it isn’t even, you will be able to shape your pom-pom in the next step.
5. Now that you’ve cut all the loops, fluff up your pom-pom. You may need to trim it to create a perfect circle. Trim off any uneven pieces. You are now finished making your pom-poms!
6. To create the garland, thread the 4 pom-poms together using a large needle and some bakers twine or heavy thread. Make sure to thread through the thickest part of the pom-pom. Leave extra thread or yarn on each side to be able to tie it to the bamboo skewers. Now complete by placing the skewers right into the cake!! I really hope you enjoyed this.
You can view some Glitzy Pink Tulle Pom-Poms at http://www.simplycreatedesigns.etsy.com/
Thank you! Denise