Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday's Wall Art 3/20/11

Hello......Good morning!!!!!! (Thought I'd through out a little song that's stuck in my head.) I'm Jessica Carter the owner of Scraptastic Club and I'm so super excited to be a part of the What's Scrapping? team! I'm a wife to a wonderful chef, and mom to two amazing and crazy kids!!! I work full time, besides owning the kit club, at an accounting office, and I also still have a good bit of my own bookkeeping business as well! Whew, saying that all at one time makes me realize how much I do.....oh well, such is life! 




So, I thought that my new scrap room/office needed some cheering up so I made some wall art that I'd like to share with you today.........

I used a piece of the chipboard that I use as backing for shipping my kits.
Then I cut out a 4" circle for the base of my sun, then I glued down orange and yellow buttons inside the circle. I then cut strips of the same paper in different sizes and curled the ends a bit, then used my Glue Arts Glue Glider Pro to put them down. I had some pearls that I decided to add to the sun's rays. I then took a doily from MME Stella and Rose which I cut to use as my rolling hills, I pulled up the edges to give my hills a little added dimension. And last, but not least, I added some butterflies and hand stitched their trails with a fine tip sharpie!!!

Thanks for stopping by.....

7 comments:

Julie said...

beautiful jessica!!

Angela said...

Very fun!!

Merrilee said...

Just perfect!

Patricia said...

Great idea!

Angela L. said...

What a gorgeous example of your project! Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

I love that wall hanging! So cheerful

Unknown said...

YEA! Congrats!

Post a Comment