Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Tuesday's Crafty Project

Hello, it’s Tuesday at What’s Scrapping and time for a crafty project. This canvas will add fun to your home décor along with the perfect way to display multiple photos in small spaces. You can create more than one canvas to decorate your children’s room. Involve your kids by having them pick out their favorite photos to be displayed, they will LOVE it! I used a 16X20 canvas from a local craft store. I painted the canvas using acrylic paint with a medium sponge brush. You will need to do multiple coats. Make sure it is completely dry before starting another coat. In order to have a more dramatic look, I opted for large flower stems and crystal picks from the craft store, rather than scrapbook embellishments. First, I placed the jewel picks as the base of the flowers and attached them with a hot glue gun. Next, you will need to cut off the flowers and leaves before gluing them down. I matted four 5x7 photos before gluing them into place. I used white chipboard letters and placed them to display my daughters age at the time the photos were taken. Finally, the butterflies were punched with a MS all over punch in purple glitter paper and attached randomly. Thank you for looking I hope you have enjoyed this project by Denise from Simply Create Designs!!

4 comments:

Angela said...

Cute! And very fun!!

Julie said...

beautiful denise!!

Michelle said...

beautiful page love the flowers!

Patricia said...

Very cute! Love the flowers!

Post a Comment