Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Craft Tuesday at What's Scrapping

This week is Staff Appreciation at our school and every day we recognize and thank our amazing Staff and Teachers for all their hard work! I was inspired to make a THANK YOU card for my son’s First Grade Teacher, Mrs. Wagner, while creating a fun way to give her a special gift card (Starbucks is her favorite)!




I love working with digital elements in photoshop and then adding a little bling or texture to make them pop! This digital kit, School Days, was purchased from http://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/. I started with a blank 5x7 template in photoshop elements. I used papers from the kits and layered them together while using the turquoise scallop element as a divider between the two papers. Then I added a text layer to type the teacher's name. I printed the 5x7 card onto photo paper. I attached it to cream cardstock 10"x7", folded it in half, so my son can write a special thank you inside. The small banner was created from the Mod and Retro Stack by Die Cuts with a View. I cut small triangles and glued them to twine with a glue gun. They were each attached to the card with a pop dot to create dimension.



The large wooden clothes pin is from Creative Imaginations. I simply cut and attached coordinating card stock to the clothes pin. I added fun and bright school days stickers from Me & My Big ideas to the bottom of the clothes pin. I gathered a few ribbon in coordinating colors and tied them to the side of the clothes pin. Finally, I cut yellow cardstock to place behind the gift card (since the gift card was clear on one side). Now that’s it, a unique way to give a simple gift card and to say Thank You for that special Teacher in your life! Thank you for letting me share, you can visit me at http://www.simplycreatedesigns.etsy.com/ ! Enjoy, Denise

2 comments:

Post a Comment