Sunday, May 22, 2011

Wall Art 5/22/11

Good morning What's Scrapping!

Today I'd like to share a project on canvas that I've made for a friend of mine, she loves Hawaii so here's what I made for her using my "Surf's Up" kit from Scraptastic Club.


First I applied Mod Podge to the canvas and my background paper. When it was all dry I sanded down all of the edges.

Next I did some fussy cutting from one of the patterned papers to get the waves on the bottom. I applied Mod Podge to the canvas, the trees and the waves and attached them to the canvas. I sanded the edges once it was all dry.

Next, I used my Cricut Mickey Mouse font cartridge to cut out the letters for Hawaii. I used the Cricut Oceans of Words cartridge to cut out the two layers of my sun. I aaplied the Mod Podge to the canvas and then attached the letters and the sun. I added an orange button from my stash to be the center of the sun.

Last, I added some "stitching" to the sun's rays with a red sharpie. I Mod Podged the banner and the surf board to the canvas. When it was all dry, I applied Mod Podge to the whole canvas to seal it. I left the middle part of the canvas open so that she can add some of her favorite photos from Hawaii to the canvas.

Thanks for letting me share with you today!

2 comments:

Julie said...

i LOVE this jessica!!!

Simply Create said...

So creartive!! Love it!

Post a Comment