Sunday, May 1, 2011

Wall Art 5-1-11

Good morning What's Scrapping?
I'd like to share a picture frame with you today that I made for my Step-Mom for Mother's Day. I'll be finishing up the other two Mother's Day frames today (one for my Mom and one for my Mother-In-Law).


I picked up a frame at Michaels, I found it with all the wooden projects. And you know I had to pull out the Mod Podge for this one (love that stuff). This frame was super easy to make, and I just love how it turned out. I picked out the PP (from the Scraptastic Club kit "classic girl"), then I traced the out side of the frame and cut it out. Then I placed the frame on the PP upside down and used my exact o knife to cut out the opening in the middle of the frame. I then Mod Podged the paper to the frame. When it was dry (wait 15-20 minutes) I sanded around all of the edges to make it all flush. And then I then painted all of the sides black and when that was dry, I Mod Podged the whole frame again to seal it. For the butterfly, I used a wooden butterfly from my stash, painted the whole thing black first, then I traced the outline of the butterfly with the PP that I wanted to cover it in. I mod Podged the PP to the butterfly, used my exact o knife to cut away some of the excess, then sanded around all the edges, Mod Podged again to seal it, then I added some pearls and gems from my stash.
Thanks for letting my share with you today, and hopefully I inspired you to make your own Mother's Day frames!

2 comments:

Julie said...

just beautiful jessica!!

Simply Create said...

I love this frame, that paper is soo pretty!!

Post a Comment