Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Good morning What's Scrapping!
I'd like to wish a Happy Mother's Day to all the fabulous moms out there. I hope that you all have a great day planned.....I know that mine will be filled with hanging out with the kids and scrapping!

On to the wall art......I decided to make a wall hanging for my daughter......and here's what I made......


Isn't it cute? OK, so here's how I made it. I picked up the plaque and the letters at Michaels. I picked out some EP papers from Summertime and A Walk in the Park, I traced each letter on the backside of the PP then cut them out........


I pulled out my Mod Podge and attached all of the letters (make sure that you let them dry for at least 15-20 minutes), then I used my exact o knife to trim away the excess. Once that was done I sanded all of the edges of the letters until they were flush and smooth. After all of the letters were sanded, I put a finishing coat of Mod Podge on them. When the Mod Podge was dry, I painted all of the sides of the letters pink (of course you don't have to do pink) and then I did 2 coats of the same pink on the plaque. Once all of the paint was dry, I attached the letters to the plaque with some Mod Podge.
Thanks for letting me share my wall art with you today! And again, have a very Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Post a Comment